Council Meetings

Search

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor E. Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive for a progress report on the apple trees that were planted as part of the 300K Have Your Say initiative for Clondalkin. At the time it was expected that other fruit trees and bushes such as pears, plums, goosberries and mulburries would be included, however SDCC stated that they needed to begin with apple trees and review how that went.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor E. Ó Broin
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

That this Area Committee agrees to write to Transport Infrastructure Ireland to install both a public toilet and secure bicycle parking at the Red Cow Luas stop.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor E. Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Juliene Helbert

That this Area Committee asks in preparation for a Low Emission Zone in Clondalkin this committee agrees to examine how LEZ's are currently being applied in French cities such as Lyon (Zones à faibles émissions Lyon) or in other relevant EU urban areas given the delicate matter of high polluting vehicles being restricted in LEZ's there.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor E. Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

To ask the Chief Executive what bodies are responsible for snagging around Floraville Cottage ( SD20A/0233 )? Currently there are issues with the reinstatement of grass on the west and south sides of the boundary wall, temporary tarmac work on the footpath on the north side, and an unpaved area where the gate to the lodge once stood.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor E. Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the Chief Executive when (address supplied) might be renovated and allocated to new tenants?

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor E. Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Gary Walsh

To ask the Chief Executive when the footpaths of Dunawley Drive and Dunawley Avenue might be relaid? Dunawley Grove and Dunawley Way were completed some time ago.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
A//Director of Housing, Social & Community Development

To ask the Chief Executive how many homeless individuals/couples/families are currently being accommodated or not in the County with the following breakdown in table format of the type of accommodation that they are currently residing or none: Hotels HUB's Women's Refuge Safe Houses Long term homeless accommodation managed by voluntary agencies International Protection/Refugee accommodation Direct Provision Sofa Surfers Street Sleepers

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor E. Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Gary Walsh

That this Area Committee put in place a maintenance contract (or use direct labour) for the on street bicycle pumps and repair stations. The 'friend' connections on the pumps at both the Civic Offices and at the Ninth Lock in Clondalkin are currently broken, from wear and tear.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor Baby. Pereppadan
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"To ask the Manager for an estimate on how much longer would be required for the taking in charge process of Corbally Estate and a statement regarding progress on the same?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor D. Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the manager to provide a report on previously agreed Item No. 76308 - 'Waterstown Park - Bird Nesting Meadow'. Indications from Nov 2022 LPNC ACM management response and discussion pointed toward a progression of this project in early 2023 (included in Budget 2022 appendix doc)?

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor D. Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That this committee agree that Council management pursue the required agreement that would be required from the landowner/management of the Paddocks, Lucan in relation to the question of exploring and developing a safe permeability route, that must importantly only be progressed and informed by a comprehensive consultation with residents in both the Paddocks and Hillcrest Heights

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor K. Egan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That this Area Committee supports the installation of outdoor exercise equipment on council owned green space next to IBIS to provide a shared amenity for new and existing residents in the nearby estates including Mount Talbot. 

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor K. Egan
Responsibility:
Chris Shanahan

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on planning enforcement case S9034 which concerns the old stone boundary wall of Floraville Cottege (SD20A/0233)? 

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"To ask the manager with regards to all SHD applications received for the Citywest area (under Fortunestown Area Plan), how many residential developments have been approved since its existence and how many units does this total in the overall approved applications? 

 

 

 

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
A//Director of Housing, Social & Community Development

To ask for a report on units acquired under Part V legislation. Report to include number of units in the last 5 years to be broken down by area.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

"This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive & Public Realm to take a more active approach in identifying households without a current waste provider for the purpose of disposing of their waste correctly, particularly in estates that are black spots for illegal dumping in the Tallaght area"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"To ask the Manager can Croi Ro Naofa GAA Club be kept informed of when Killinarden Park redevelopment work is to start & can they also be facilitated with alternative pitches while work is in progress, additionally, can they be provided with use of an astro pitch to train on during the winter months?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

To ask the Chief Executive for a detailed report into Sallymills development. To include what the delays are, how many applied, how many were successful and when the people will get their keys?

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"Would the Manager please indicate to this Area Committee if he is in a position to offer advise and information to the Kingswood Heights Residents Association regarding the installation a Sports Hub in the Kingswood Area, as part of the County Development Plan, and could the Manager also indicate if a joint Sports Capital Grant application for such a project would be supported by South Dublin County Council and would this venture require a Part Eight process if the Sports Hub is to be located on Council owned Open Space?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Miriam Reilly

"With reference to the new groundworks outside County Hall and at the steps leading to the Civic Theatre, would the Manager inform this Area Committee that the Commemorative Plaques, recognising the opening of the Civic (Cyril Cusack) Theatre and the Freedom of the County plaque on Ingrid Betancourt will be brought back into public view, when the works in these areas are complete?"