Council Meetings

Search

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor S. Moynihan
Responsibility:
Fiona Hendley

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the implementation of the Council's right-sizing strategy in Lucan, Palmerstown and North Clondalkin.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor S. Moynihan
Responsibility:
Vivienne Hartnett

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the planned age-friendly housing on the Old Lucan Road in Palmerstown.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor S. Moynihan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive for a progress update on the provision of bottle banks for residents in the North Clondalkin Area.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor V. Mulhall
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"To ask the manager if there is a timeline to fix the landscapes ie the grass and flowers around Dalepark and Firhouse road west following recent road works?"

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

This committee calls on the CE to report on the number of depots in the county and their respective locations.

As the Lucan area extends further into Adamstown and Clonburris, we urge the implementation of at least one depot to serve the growing needs of this expanding community.

The increasing population and development in the wider Lucan area necessitate strategic infrastructure planning, including the establishment of a depot. This will not only ensure efficient services but also contribute to the overall development of the community.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor S. Moynihan
Responsibility:
LPNC Meeting Administration

To ask the Chief Executive to write to the Chief Executive of Fingal County Council to request an update on when the Silver Bridge will be brought back into use for pedestrians and cyclists.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

"Could the Manager make a report regarding the traffic chaos that occurred on Saturday afternoon, 09/11/2024, on the Castletymon Road, due to the amount of cars and buses, trying to access the Arena Road, by turning right off the Castletymon Road. The Athletics Ireland All Ireland Schools Cross Country 2024 event was taking place in Tymon Park and there was no visible presence of Traffic Garda or any sign that a proper Traffic Management Plan had been put in place. Could the Manager also indicate to this Committee if any contact was made by either the Council or the Organisers with the Basketball Area or Tallaght Community school regarding additional parking facilities?"

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor V. Mulhall
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the manager if there are plans to invest more resources/time/staff into the upkeep of Sean Walsh park; I've been told that parts of the park are very untidy and safety concerns have been raised?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor S. Moynihan
Responsibility:
Gary Walsh

To ask the Chief Executive if the road between the entrance to Foxborough Gardens and the R136 junction can be resurfaced completely rather than have potholes temporarily filled and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent

"To ask the manager to update on required sewage works at the weir in Dodder Valley and whether Irish Water/ Uisce Eireann have given a commitment to when the works will be undertaken?"

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor S. Moynihan
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

To ask the Chief Executive to take the old graveyard in Lucan Village into public ownership, following recent engagement with Archaeologists from the National Monuments Service and to make a statement on the matter.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
David Fennell

With the approach of the planting season can the flower boxes on Manor Road be painted, planted and maintained.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor S. Moynihan
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the completion of the walkway between Mount Andrew and St Edmunds, and if bollards can be installed on the walkway to prevent vehicular access.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor S. Moynihan
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

To ask the Chief Executive if the Council would seek to acquire the former playing pitch adjacent to Larkfield House and the Coldcut Club, beside Harelawn estate, for provision of an astro pitch, for the Palmerstown-Fonthill LEA.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Edel Clancy

"To ask the manager to update, with regard to the Tallaght area, on the assessment undertaken by the council of community facilities?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Vivienne Hartnett

"To ask the manager to update on the housing scheme at Killinarden and whether she can make a statement on media reports surrounding O' Cualann Housing and possible interventions by the Land Development Agency?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

This committee seeks confirmation regarding the efforts made to date in retrieving figures from the South Dublin Childcare Committee, as raised in a previous motion and corresponding questions.

The importance of obtaining these figures is emphasised by recent discussions in the SDZ meeting, specifically concerning creche capacity in the Adamstown area. Therefore, we kindly request the Chief Executive to provide an update on the efforts made to obtain the necessary figures from the South Dublin Childcare Committee.

This information will contribute significantly to our ongoing discussions and planning to ensure the effective delivery of childcare services in our community.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Vivienne Hartnett

"To ask the manager how many households/ tenants they are aware of in the Tallaght area that have current Notices to Quit, either in the private sector or RAS type schemes, from their landlord and how many are overholding?"

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the Chief Executive Officer to have an overall review of traffic management in the Palmerstown Community carried out and that it include

(a) the current 7.5T restriction and show clearly if it is in line with the EU Directive and the current Council Policy on the Mobility and Management of Heavy Goods Vehicles on South Dublin County Road Network

(b) traffic movement and regulation on the residential cell between Kennelsfort Road Upper and the R148 at the Oval including the laneways

(c) traffic movement and regulation on Kennelsfort Road Lower and the Village/Old Lucan Road area

(d) the sequencing of the traffic lights at the Junction of Kennelsfort Road/R148.

And that it take full cognisance of the recent significant works carried out around both primary schools and surrounding roads as well as works designed to protect pedestrians and and cyclists and the general regulations aimed at encouraging alternative modes of transport as well as the health and safety of the residential population.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Housing Administration

"That this Area Committee supports the retention of a directly run and staffed An Post Office at The Square Tallaght and seeks assurances from An Post that all existing services will remain in place?"