Council Meetings

Search

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"To ask the CEO to note that the completed works at Tallaght Stadium have been warmly welcomed and will he now confirm what plans are in place for the use of the units adjacent to the new Shamrock Rovers Club shop; will he give details and make a statement?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

"To ask the CEO to present a final report to this last meeting of Tallaght Area Committee before the Local Elections on his plans for the proposed Tallaght Heritage Centre; will he detail the schedule being followed and the costs involved and will he furnish a full statement?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

"Could the Manager advise this Area Committee if the Tymon North Estate is included in Phase 2 of the LED Upgrade programme, as the it does not appear on the list of areas given in a previous reply?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the manager what consideration has been given for the collection of waste from public litter bins in areas where new cycle lanes have been installed eg Firhouse Road West /Tymon / Killinarden - has any litter bins been removed due to the cycle lanes?"

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

That this Area Committee: noting the high percentage of refusals for one-off rural housing, reiterates its support for H17 Objective 2 and the obligation for planners to adhere to this when making determinations on applications.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor E. Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Director of Finance

To ask the Chief Executive to present in tabular form how much income SDCC has received in property tax in each LEA since 2019?

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor E. Ó Broin
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That this Area Committee agrees to action works along the R136 road to enable bus stops for the W4 route to be installed to serve the 1000+ dwellings of Kilcarbery Grange.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor E. Ó Broin
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That this Area Committee agrees to the planting of a line of tall mature trees along the boundary wall between the green open space in the St John's Avenue cul-de-sac and the vehicle entrance to Fonthill Lodge, in order to protect (address supplied), from being hit by footballs that emanate from the green area.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor E. Ó Broin
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

Passed without Debate

That this Area Committee agrees to the painting of a yellow box at the junction of Garter's Lane and the vehicle entrance to the Coldwater Lakes estate in Saggart.

Headed Item
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Steven Masterson
Responsibility:

Site and Waste Management

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"Could the Manager please indicate if the Council has mobile power washer units and if so, can he indicate if there is a schedule for cleaning in the Tallaght area?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"Could the pole, carrying four finger signs on the Main Road, opposite the Castletymon Road junction, be replaced with a structure capable of carrying four signs?"

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Leo Magee, Sharon Conroy

"That this Area Committee calls on the Manager to carry out a Graffiti Survey, in the Tallaght Area, focusing on walls and utility boxes across both LEAs, with an intention of eliminating this visual litter?"

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Vivienne Hartnett

"This Area Committee calls on the Manager to take urgent action to consider the safety and wellbeing of the tenants in the Age Friendly Development at Fernwood Green and to take measures to allow tenants to secure the porch area, especially at the houses closest to the public pathway, in an effort to eliminate anti social activity?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask for an update on the tree planting programme for Lucan Palmerstown and North Clondalkin. Were all the trees that are outlined in the programme presented to councillors in November 2023 planted? Has the Council set up a mapping of trees and types of trees for the area and if so can councillors access it?

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor S. Moynihan
Responsibility:
E////Director of Land Use, Planning and Transportation

To ask the Chief Executive to clarify the responsibility for public safety when traffic management companies (TTM) are using unsafe work practices at construction sites.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor S. Moynihan
Responsibility:
Gary Walsh

To ask the Chief Executive to resurface the road for people who entering the County from the Circle K Garage on the R148 as far as the junction at the Oval in Palmerstown, as a matter of urgency.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Gary Walsh

That this Area Committee agree to repair all pot holes , loose man hole covers, etc, on Aylmer road.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor D. Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Meabh Butler

That this committee calls on the manager to re-examine a street art / mural project under the bridge area on the Adamstown Link Rd, providing costing and supporting the provision of funding allocation for same.

Such a project undertaking can represent Adamstown and its residents, whilst promoting it's multicultural community in a positive and colourful way.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

That the Chief Executive arrange for the site between(Address Provided) to be turned into a green space with grass for residents. Residents have agreed to maintain and cut the grass if necessary.