Council Meetings

Search

Headed Item
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Niamh Carton

H-I 1 Minutes of the previous meeting held on Tuesday 4 April 2023

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

"To ask the manager to detail what steps will be taken at Brady's Field Old Bawn to allow football to continue with minimum interference to older persons residential housing?"

Headed Item
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Gary Walsh

Salt Bin Strategy

Headed Item
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Gary Walsh

Salt Bin Strategy

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire, Gormla O'Corrain

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on information available to it about the road cleaning schedule around the construction of The Crossings. Residents in the Stratton area of Adamstown perceive that road cleaning is not as frequent as it had been previously and that there is more dust on windows etc. of homes nearby.

Headed Item
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Community Directorate
Responsibility:
Director of Housing, Social and Community Development

COMMUNITY GRANTS - FOR NOTING

Headed Item
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Gary Walsh
Responsibility:
Gary Walsh

Salt Bin Strategy

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Leo Magee, David Fennell

That the Chief Executive arrange to have the footpaths litter picked/swept on Shancastle Avenue and for this to be coordinated with the road sweeper schedule.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor D. McManus
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To request the Chief Executive to cut back and clear overgrown green areas at the entrance of Wainsfort Drive? A photo is attached showing one of the two green enclosed areas.

Headed Item
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Community Directorate
Responsibility:
Director of Corporate Performance and Change Management

FILLING OF VACANCIES ON COMMITTEES / STATUTORY BODIES - FOR APPROVAL

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor A. Edge
Responsibility:
Gary Walsh

That the paths serving (address provided by email) are resurfaced, this section of the estate having apparently being missed when the estate was last done.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor Y. Collins
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That this Council increases the audio levels of the pedestrian crossings in the Rathfarnham area, in particular at the junction of Main Street, Rathfarnham Village with Butterfield Avenue and at the junction of Rathfarnham Road and Willbrook Road, as they are very difficult to hear above the noise of traffic which is extremely hazardous and stressful for the blind or visually impaired.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor A. Edge
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That this Area Committee requests management to contact the developer with regard to the ongoing road safety issue at the Woodfield junction with Scholarstown Rd following a number of collisions and, most recently, the destruction of the road safety signs on the island for a second time.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor P. Kearns
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

That this committee calls on the manager to inspect the property at the address supplied with a view to entering it onto the derleict site list.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the Chief Executive if he will reinstate the earlier line marking at the entrance to Foxborough Hall that restricts one vehicle width parking either side of the junction as the measures put in place following my raising of this matter in 2021 have now been removed following the resurfacing and repainting of this area and residents now find it again dangerous to try and exit from this location as the view to the road is often completely blocked by parked cars and especially by vans (as per documents attached); and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor D. Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Director of Corporate Performance and Change Management

That this council support the Retained Fire and Rescue Service personnel and their continued struggle for improvements in pay, conditions and a decent work/life balance with agreed time off and call on the Minister for Local Government and the Minister for Public Expenditure to provide the funding necessary to sustain and enhance the service now and for future generations.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive explore the possibility of erecting signs in the parks in the area of this Area Committee to warn people of the presence of ticks in high grass and for those signs to include links to/QR code to the HSE information page on Lyme Disease.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor Y. Collins
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

To ask for details of Active Travel South Dublin with respect to Ballyboden Road and, in particular, any proposed traffic calming effect.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor Y. Collins
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this Council replants trees along Templeroan Drive, noting that the area has already been inspected and locations long since identified for tree replanting

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That the Chief Executive Officer give a report on the Canal Loop Greenway and that part for which the Part 8 was approved by the Council last November 2022 and for there to be a discussion on the up to date situation regarding implementation of the Part 8 including detailed design, tendering, commencement, and completion of works etc.