Council Meetings

Search

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Director of Housing, Social and Community Development

To ask the Chief Executive to outline the legislative framework that guides its policy on assessing the Medical Priority List for ground floor accommodation on a time on list basis and indicates where a risk assessment to a person is factored in to priority, if at all?

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. Sinclair
Responsibility:
Director of Corporate Performance and Change Management

That this Council confirms its pride in, and continued support for, Ireland's traditional policy of military neutrality, and writes to the Taoiseach to declare this support

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

That the Chief Executive outlines proposals to facilitate a managed and safe access at the opening between the green and the new part of Somerton as raised previously.

Moved with Debate

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Director of Housing, Social and Community Development

That the Chief Executive reviews how medical priority applicants are allocated ground floor or specially adapted accommodation as well as how such additional accommodation is identified so that those in most urgent need on health and safety grounds are not left waiting years solely due to time on list.

Correspondence
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Sharon Conroy
Responsibility:

Response from item number 78945 May 2023

Headed Item
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Sile Coleman, Rosena Hand
Headed Item
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Fionnuala Keane

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

Headed Item
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

Quarterly Housing Delivery Report

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

This Committee asks the CE for a report of community cleanups to date in the Lucan area?

Headed Item
Meeting:
Submitted by:
LPNC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
LPNC Meeting Administration

Confirmation and Re-Affirmation of Minutes of May 2023 ACM

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor D. Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Director of Housing, Social and Community Development

To ask the manager how many people over the age of 65 are on the council housing waiting list versus the same time last year?

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Miriam Reilly

This committee request the Chief Executive for an updated report on the newly planned polling station for Adamstown: To also ask that council management and local community gardai arrange a register to vote event (similar to previous years)

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask the manager how many uptakes there has been on shop front grants in Lucan Village

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

To see an update from the Manager on the Lucan Village Green upgrade.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Laurence Colleran

To call on the manager to provide a wheelchair swing in Waterstown Park and reiterate the importance of providing accessible play equipment in our park. As mentioned by Stewarts Care Clients " I think it is really unfair that children with particular disabilities are confined to simply watching other children use the equipment that is already there. In particular, as Waterstown is adjacent to Stewarts it is visited by many children with disabilities who are unable to use the existing equipment. An accessible swing would represent a relatively small investment by SDCC, but it would have a big impact as there would be a disproportionately high number of children with disabilities using Waterstown Park, as opposed to other parks, because of its proximity to Stewarts. "

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

Cathaoirleach's Business

To call on the Manager to examine branches blocking traffic lights and road signage around the Lucan Area.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Gary Walsh

To call on the manager to improve permeability by installing an additional path way at the location of Esker Road Crossing. Image Attached

Moved without Debate

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

That the Chief Executive, noting criticism on social media about the perceived lack of action on litter and graffiti in and around Griffeen Valley Park, Griffeen Shopping Centre and surrounding areas, outlines what the resourcing or other issues are leading to delays of two weeks or more to get a response.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Edel Clancy

To call on the manager to explore the possibility of implementing a trishaw project in Griffeen Park, similar to the success of Dodder Valley Acknowledging the following would need to be considered 1. A volunteer team 2. A team leader for administration, bookings, storage, maintenance, volunteer training 3. Storage, Lucan leisure centre might be an option

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Edel Clancy

To call on the manager to ensure a pool pod is incorporated into the new facilities being constructed at Lucan Swimming Pool, I understand currently the architect is opting for old hoist as opposed to progressive more dignified pod that can be sourced