Council Meetings

Search

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor A. Hayes
Responsibility:
Vivienne Hartnett

To ask the manager which Approved Housing Body will manage the Part V and other 60+ apartments at Palmers Gate complex that will be offered to social housing tenants.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Edel Clancy

 The committee seeks an update on the long-awaited Lucan swimming pool. We are particularly interested in obtaining information on the current status of the project, including an expected completion date. Additionally, we would appreciate details on the planned meeting between the new management company, Aura, and local councillors

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

This committee seeks an update on the sale of the Old Master Schoolhouse. Could you kindly provide information on the progress of the sale and advise on the expected completion date?

Headed Item
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Fiona Hendley

Quarterly Housing Allocations Report 2024 (For Noting)

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

The committee enquires about the availability of children's litter pickers, gloves, and other child-friendly equipment as part of the community clean-up materials provided to residents. In recent community clean-up activities, I have noticed an increasing number of young children actively participating. I believe that incorporating child-friendly equipment would not only enhance their engagement but also contribute to fostering a sense of responsibility and community involvement from a young age. Could you please confirm if the council currently provides children's litter pickers and gloves as part of the community clean-up materials? If not, I would like to explore the possibility of including such items in the available resources to better accommodate the involvement of young residents in our community clean-up initiatives.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor A. Hayes
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the manager if a more robust system can be installed at the vehicle exit of Palmers Gate Apartments to physically stop cars exiting by turning right onto Kennelsfort Road lower.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor A. Hayes
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Manager to explain why the roof has not yet been installed on Waterstown House after €30,000 was ring-fenced in the budget of 2023.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

The committee would like to formally request an update from the CE regarding the long-awaited and much-needed Health Care Centre in the Adamstown area. Could you please provide a detailed report on the current timeline for the opening of the Health Care Centre, along with information on the facility's setup? This information is crucial for the committee to keep the community well-informed about this important development.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Mary Connell

I wish to seek confirmation from the CE on a matter that has raised concerns within the community. There have been reports and concerns brought to my attention regarding a number of units in Castleview, Lucan being boarded up. To address these concerns and provide accurate information to the concerned residents, the committee requests your confirmation on whether this information is accurate.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Gary Walsh

This committee brings forth this motion requesting the necessary works to be carried out along the road L1018, locally known as Dodsboro Hill, as follows: Cutting Back Overgrown Hedge: We urge the council to address the overgrown hedge along Dodsboro Hill, as it poses an obstruction and safety concern to pedestrians. Clearing Overgrown Debris on Footpath: The committee requests the removal of overgrown debris on the footpath, as highlighted in a member's report. This evidence underscores the narrowness of the footpath due to the overgrowth. Relocation of a bus stop: Considering changes in the bus network, the relocation of the bus stop to the bottom of Dodsboro Hill has resulted in locals having to walk down this road. Therefore, we propose necessary adjustments to ensure the safety and convenience of pedestrians in light of this change. These proposed works are essential to enhancing the safety and accessibility of Dodsboro Hill for the residents who regularly navigate this route.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

The committee is seeking information regarding the ownership and responsibility for the row of trees along Haydens, specifically between the roundabout and the end of the Old Forge estate. For your reference, attached to this motion are photos indicating the location in question. Residents in the area are facing challenges in maintaining the growth around these trees. Over time, a gap has formed, and it has been reported that the trees experienced fire damage some years ago. The attached photos clearly depict the current condition, showing an opening that has resulted in a lack of boundary between the estate and the laneway. In light of these circumstances, the committee kindly requests that the CE provide details to the members regarding the ownership and responsibility for these trees. Understanding this information is crucial for residents and the committee to address the necessary maintenance and restoration effort.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Edel Clancy

This committee brings to your attention recent developments concerning the modular homes planned for Back Weston. It has come to our knowledge that there have been changes to the original plans that were initially made public. In light of this new information, the committee requests the arrangement of a meeting between representatives from the Office of Public Works (OPW), local councillors, and our committee. The purpose of this meeting is to provide an update on the alterations made to the original plans and to gain insight into the department's intentions for future housing and planning in the Back Weston area. We believe that open communication and collaboration between all stakeholders are essential for the success of any housing project. Such a meeting would facilitate a comprehensive understanding of the changes made and offer an opportunity to address any concerns or queries that the committee and local councillors may have.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

This motion requests an update from CE regarding the motion passed in May 2022 (see attached), which addressed the road markings within the squares of Arthur Griffith Park. As outlined in the motion, the focus is on obtaining information on how management intends to carry out the survey. This survey is crucial for keeping residents informed and ensuring that the road markings, designed to alleviate parking challenges, are placed in the correct locations. Could you please provide details on the proposed survey methodology and the timeline for its implementation? Keeping residents updated on this matter is of paramount importance. 

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor S. Moynihan
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask the Chief Executive for the number of applications for the Tourism Event Grant in 2023 in the two LEAs and the plans to actively promote it for 2024 adoption.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor S. Moynihan
Responsibility:
Rosena Hand

To ask the Chief Executive about customer attendance in Palmerstown library, since the introduction of additional opening hours.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor S. Moynihan
Responsibility:
Mary Connell

To call on the Chief Executive to bring the boarded up home at (Address Provided) back into use immediately.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor S. Moynihan
Responsibility:
Vivienne Hartnett

To ask the Chief Executive for the number of homes which have been built/acquired/leased by the Council which are completed but not occupied because of delay in in utility connection, in tabular form.

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor S. Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive to provide an update and progress report for the Public Realm Works Programme 2023, accounting for the works that have been completed and works that have not been completed, with reasons why.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive to list estates in this Area Committee that will be pruned under the regular maintenance schedule between January and June of this year; and if a statement can be made on the matter? Thanks in advance.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

To ask the Chief Executive for a status update in relation to the lands in its ownership off Mount Bellew Way, whether members will be consulted regarding potential uses in the future; and if a statement can be made on the matter?