Council Meetings

Search

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor V. Mulhall
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"To ask the Manager if it is possible to put in temporary safety measures on the cycle lane at the roundabout at TU Tallaght due to there been several near misses here in the last number of months?"

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor V. Mulhall
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Manager to commit to removing nettles from around the side/playground in Dodder Valley Park at the Old Bawn Road entrance?"

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor V. Mulhall
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"That this area committee supports the need for a pedestrian crossing on Sylvan Drive, Kingswood Heights?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor A. Hayes
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the manager if SDCC is on target, regarding it's pollinator planting and other works to achieve another Green Flag for Waterstown Park in the next round of judging.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor V. Mulhall
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Manager for an update on tree maintenance and Tree planting in Old Bawn?"

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor A. Hayes
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Manager give a firm commitment that any works to protect ground nesting birds at Waterstown Park be undertaken outside of nesting season, or, in a way that does not interfere with nesting birds in situ.

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor D. Richardson
Responsibility:
Edel Clancy, Sharon Conroy

"Can the manager report on grants available for community centers, schools and business for solar panels to the premises?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor D. Richardson
Responsibility:
Vivienne Hartnett

"Can the manager report when works will start on club house for Sacred Heart and new houses will commence in Killinarden?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor L. Whelan
Responsibility:
Gormla O'Corrain

"To ask management if there are plans to redevelop/upgrade the Russel Square Shopping Centre Area. The old 'Molly Heffernan' pub lays vacant for over a decade. In 2007 pre-crash there were plans to redevelop the area, with many plans - including a community centre and health centre, apartments and restaurants. The shopping centre is located in an area in need of more community facilities. The shopping area is utilised by the local community, more resources and services would be also welcomed. We have seen the positive engagement with The Edge Cafe - I am wondering if there is scope to do work like this in the future on the building - or some type of community facility. The location in question already has a car park on site too. The applicant I could see on SDCC website was Kelland Homes Ltd?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor D. Richardson
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"Can the manger report on dumping in the Tallaght area and the cost to SDCC in the removal?"

Headed Item
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Fiona Hendley

Quarterly Housing Allocations Report (for Noting)

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Gary Walsh

To ask the Chief Executive to out line how many pot holes have been repaired in 2024 and how many repairs have been requested?

Motion
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Gary Walsh

FALLEN

That this Area Committee repair all the potholes around the village Main Street, New Road, Orchard Lane, Monastery Road, Tower Road, Convent Road etc. These potholes are now a safety hazard, cars avoiding them are crossing lines and causing near accidents.

Headed Item
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Maria Nugent
Responsibility:
Maria Nugent

South Dublin LECP Review 2024

Statutory Headed Item
Meeting:
Submitted by:
LPNC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
LPNC Meeting Administration

Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of March ACM

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Director of Housing, Social and Community Development

To ask the Chief Executive if/when they will be reinstating the carbon monoxide alarm,security lock scheme for elderly and council house tenants?

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor Baby. Pereppadan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee, Suzanne Furlong

"To ask the chief executive for information on the plans in place (ongoing and TBC) for upgrading all our parks in Tallaght South and Central?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor Baby. Pereppadan
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

"To ask the chief executive for an update on the lack of spare parts for LED street lights across the country. Some areas here in Tallaght have non-functioning street lights for over 3-4 months due to shortages in parts?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor Baby. Pereppadan
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"To ask the chief executive for an update on taking in charge of Corbally estate which has been ongoing process?"

Question
Meeting:
Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Gary Walsh

"Can I get an update on proposed upgrade /changes to the Charles O'Toole Bridge as this was raised nearly a year ago and no obvious changes have been implemented?"